Sync your map with your GPS device
Your itinerary traced in real time
- Set it up once, then forget about it
- Share it with a simple link or embed it on your website
- Personalize your map style
- Tracks are split by day to help visualize your progress easily
- Attach photos, videos and articles to your spots
- Requires having a Premium Plus account during the trip
- Then stop paying and keep your map online
- No set up cost
- Easily manage the tracking from your administration
- Up to 2 active trackings at the same time
- Export your data at any time
Live Tracking works with 3 different types of GPS devices:
Modern GPS devices
(Garmin Edge, Suunto, smartwatches, etc.)
They're not directly connected to the internet. They record your tracks on the device, then allow you to upload them online (usually via Bluetooth) once you end the recording.Learn more
Satellite GPS trackers
(Garmin inReach, SPOT Gen4, etc.)
They can share your coordinates online in real time. They're usually more expensive but well adapted to use in remote areas like oceans or deserts.Learn more
(TravelMap, OsmAnd, etc.)
They can both record and share your position in real time. These apps are free but consume battery and require an internet connection (3G/4G/5G).Learn more
Synchronize your GPS device
Most modern GPS devices can automatically upload the recorded tracks to these apps:
- Garmin Connect (coming soon)
You can authorize these apps to share your activities with TravelMap to automatically update your map.
Note: your map will be updated every time you end the recording. Which usually happens once a day, so not in real time.
Synchronize your satellite GPS tracker
Display the itineraries of several participants on the same map.
You can create all these Live Tracking maps on your account, or use those of other TravelMap accounts so the participants can update their own blogs to add photos, articles, etc.
Requires having a Business account to track up to 20 participants. Contact us for a quote if you plan to have more participants.
Ready to get started? Check out our detailed support section: