Live Tracking with Wayward
Synchronize your TravelMap with the Wayward app on smartphone (requires having a Premium Plus account and a 3G/4G/5G plan).Presentation: travelmap.net/live-tracking
Install the Wayward app on the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS), then follow the instructions below to connect it to TravelMap:
1. Sign up to create a free Wayward account
When Wayward asks for permission to use your location, make sure you select Always
2. Stay on Start a Solo Trip. Choose any name you want.
Enable Efficiency Tracking to avoid overloading your map over time.
Tap Start trip
3. Tap on Share
4. Tap on Copy.
5. Create a new Live Tracking
- Open your TravelMap administration
- Go to: Settings > Live Tracking > New
- GPS tracking device: select "Wayward"
- Select the map you want to update
- Paste your Wayward link
- Click on "Create"
That's it! Now your TravelMap will be updated automatically to stay in sync with your Wayward tracking.
You can use the Live Tracking settings to pause the synchronization or choose another map.
You can pause your tracking when you stop moving or send "check-in" messages
When you check in on Wayward, your text (title and/or note) is added as a comment to your latest spot on TravelMap
Note: soon the check-in photos will also be uploaded to TravelMap