Live Tracking with OsmAnd
Synchronize your TravelMap with the OsmAnd app on smartphone (requires having a Premium Plus account and a 3G/4G/5G plan).Presentation: travelmap.net/live-tracking
Install the OsmAnd app on the Play Store, then follow the instructions below to connect it to TravelMap:
Note: the OsmAnd application is also available on iOS but it doesn't have the "Online tracking" feature necessary for the Live Tracking.
1. Create a new Live Tracking
- Open your TravelMap administration
- Go to: Settings > Live Tracking > New
- GPS tracking device: select "OsmAnd"
- Select the map you want to update
- Click on "Create"
2. Copy the tracking link
3. Open the menu of the OsmAnd app and select Plugins
4. Open the Trip recording plugin
5. Turn on the plugin (tap on Off) and open the Settings
6. Activate the option Online tracking
Then tap on the name Online tracking
7. Select the option Web address and paste the link from step 2
8. Important: edit the option Tracking interval to choose 5 min.
1. Before you start moving, tap on the button GPX (or REC)
2. Set the Logging interval to 5 min. and tap on OK to start the tracking
3. The green indicator next to the GPX button lets you know that the recording is active
4. Once you stop moving, press the button GPX and select Pause the tracking
That's it! Now your TravelMap will be updated automatically to stay in sync with your OsmAnd tracking.
You can use the Live Tracking settings to pause the synchronization or choose another map.