Freelance Fullstack Web Developer
Half-time 20h/week • 2000€/month • self-employed • on-site (Vietnam) or remote
I'm looking for a web developer to help me build and maintain TravelMap - a blogging platform that allows you to create a travel blog centered on an interactive map.
I launched the platform in 2014 as a side-project. 2 years later, I switched to working full-time on it and hired Clara who's taking care of Marketing and Communications (in English). As TravelMap keeps growing, I need a web developer I can rely on to share the development responsibilities.
So it's a very small team and it will be a long-term mission with a lot of room for autonomy and innovativeness.
It's possible to work full-time some months, then skip other months. You'll invoice us the time spent working.
This is mostly a remote job, working in your own time. On-site in Da Lat or Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam would be ideal for the first month - but not required. Occasional in-person meetings would be good too.
Starting as soon as possible. If you can read this, then the job is still available.
Requirements: Full-stack knowledge (back-end, database, front-end, UX, server)
- PHP 8, MySQL, Laravel, PHPUnit
- HTML5, SASS
- Experience building Single Page Applications, UX/UI interfaces
- Git collaboration (branch, PR)
- Fluent English
- Being a traveller yourself and have a TravelMap account (send us the link)
Nice to have:
- Mapbox GL JS, GPX/KML/GeoJSON formats, GIS knowledge
- Managing Linux web server, SSH, nginx
- Cloud Object Storage (S3)
- Experience working with startups
Example of tasks:
- Rebuilding/refreshing the presentation site travelmap.net (mostly HTML/CSS). Including the Community section (PHP/MySQL/PHPUnit)
- Improving the book generation process and adding customization options
- Helping to build the new beta admin to manage maps, spots, photos, videos, articles, settings, payments (Stripe), etc.
- Improving the GPX and KML file imports/exports
- Maintaining our WordPress plugin
- Fixing JS, PHP or CSS bugs
- Meetings to discuss new features, UX, design, etc.
Send an email to Clement (in English): clem  travelmap dot net and tell us why you are a good fit for this job. Please include a CV (can be in English or French).